Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Book Update!

Many of my former students know that I'm a big fan of books in a series. I love to get to know the characters, and by the end of the series I feel as if they are old friends! Educationally, reading books in a series is an excellent way to build comprehension. Students spend the first book getting to know the characters, and then they can really focus on comprehension while reading the rest of the series.

Tonight, while I was at the library, I found two new releases. While these books would be a challenge for many of our fourth grade readers, they would be great for many of my former fourth graders.

The two new releases are:

This Isn't What it Looks Like, by Psyeudonymous Bosch~Click here for a summary of the book and some reviews.

The Kingdom Keepers III: Disney in Shadow, by Ridley Pearson ~ This book's setting is Walt Disney World in Florida. It is really fun for students to read about books that take place in places where they have been. This is the website for the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment