Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Coffeehouse Success!

Our Coffeehouse was a HUGE success!  Many thanks to everyone who was able to attend.  I know that the children loved having you here!

I was able to capture most of each Haiku Holler.  If you have videos or pictures that you would like to share, we would love to see them and even post them on the blog.






Thank you to those BRAVE parents who were willing to stand up at the Open Mike and share a favorite poem.  I know that some of you weren't able to hear my entire poem through my tears, so I wanted to share it with you here.

In our classroom we ~

Have fun
Turn and talk
Earn chips, points and blue tickets
Listen
Are good friends
Work hard
Are smart, (really smart)
Are artists, athletes and good friends
Write poetry
Read, read, read
Sing when nobody is listening
Are all black belts
Shop at our store
Read the number of the day
Give book talks
Accept everyone
Are kind to one another


Advice


Remember, you are smart
Try something new
Never say I can’t
Dance
Listen to your parents
Remember, you can do it
Play
Always give your very best
Study
Do your homework
Go outside
Sing
Learn your math facts
Read every day
Enjoy every moment
Be kinder than necessary





2 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Merten I loved the coffe house especially your poem you wrote for us.the poem was lovley. -Hani





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hani! I loved the Coffeehouse, too! And I enjoyed your poem about Football.
      ~ Mrs. Merten

      Delete