Sunday, October 27, 2013

Author Alert ~ Part 2

Today was the best!  I was so excited to meet one of my favorite authors, Patricia Polacco.  Many of you will remember that I love her stories, though I always tear up at the end.  I love her writing style!

Mrs. Williams and I waited in a LOOOONNNNGGG line to meet her (we saw Mrs. Swan there, too).  She was lovely, and took a few minutes to chat with us while she was signing her new book, Gifts of the Heart. "When you read this book to those children," she said, "please tell them that this is the most true to accurate story I have ever told.  The ending, "she went on, "happened just the way I wrote it.  And we never could explain it."


I just loved meeting her, and couldn't imagine a better way to spend my Sunday afternoon. I can't wait to share this new book with you.

1 comment: