Friday, July 29, 2016

Summer Fun #2

Hello Friends!
I hope you have been relaxing and enjoying your summer vacation!  I have been!  I have enjoyed reading many books, and relaxing.  I hope you are reading, too!  Mrs. Williams challenged me to read a book a day this summer. That's 66 books!  I have been really trying, and so far I have read 21 books!  How many books have you been reading?

Here's what I'm reading now.

This week I have been relaxing and reading at the beach.  Can you guess where I am?  You may have learned about this location when you studied Massachusetts in third grade.  

Here are some pictures and hints~


  • This location marks the location of the first encounter between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans. While the Mayflower remained in Provincetown, Captain Miles Standish and his party explored along Cape Cod Bay. While camped here they were surprised by a Native American Tribe- the Nausets.  (It is NOT Plymouth Rock).




  • In addition to the site of the first encounter, this town is one of the towns of the National Seashore. (click on the link to help you)


What are you up to this summer?  Share in the comments.  If you would like to post, follow the directions on the right.  I'd love to hear from my old and new friends!


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are having A LOT of fun this summer Mrs. Merten! I LOVED The Seventh Wish, such a great story; just the right mix of fiction and fantasy around a tough topic. Keep reading!

    ReplyDelete