Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Grading Information

From the Teacher's Desk
As the year progresses, you will find more and more papers sent home that have been graded. I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings about this. I believe that grades are just one way that I can communicate with you about how your child is doing. Occasionally, I will ask for a parent signature on an assignment. If this is written on your child's paper, please sign it and return it to school with your child. This signature is to show that you are aware that your child had difficulty with the particular assignment or task. Sometimes I find that this opens up a dialogue with your child, and gives you insight as to why the assignment is a struggle. For example, the Daily Geography and Daily Language assignments are independently done as the children arrive in the morning. In addition to demonstrating proofreading skills and map skills, the children are learning to manage time as they arrive. Often this is as difficult as the actual question.

As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment