Saturday, August 13, 2016

Picture Book 10 for 10

Once again, my good friend Mrs. Williams challenged me to create a list of 10 picture books that I can't live without.  Her wonderful post about her "Picture Book 10 for 10" making something old, new again, can be found here.

This year, I decided to choose books that focus on the theme of friendship. Each of these books can be used to launch classroom discussions about friendship. I am looking forward to using some of these titles this year.

I've linked each title to the Goodreads summary and ratings.



Stick and Stone, by Beth Ferry


















To the Sea by Cale Atkison











Pool by JiHeyon Lee











Peanut Butter and Cupcake by Terry Border
























Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes







Corduroy by Don Freeman












Stellaluna by Janell Cannon

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for including Won Ton and Chopstick! I'm purring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I recently found your book, and really LOVED it. :).

      Delete
    2. Do you know the book that came before it? Won Ton - A Cat Tale Told in Haiku. Tells the story of how Won Ton and his Boy met. =^..^=

      Delete