Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Home Stretch

From the Teacher's Desk


Welcome Back! I hope you all had a wonderful vacation with your families. I had a great vacation, and am ready for the last leg of fourth grade. This time of year is always a challenge for the children. Sports activities start up again, the weather is warmer, and it is light until much later, pushing bedtime off. As a parent, I do understand how difficult it is to manage all of this.


I have noticed that over the last few weeks (before vacation and this week), completing and returning homework has become less consistent for the children. Please keep this in mind, and help your child to develop a plan to manage this homework, as well as long-term assignments. I also want to remind you that I provide a study guide sheet for each math test. This is an optional assignment, however I have often discussed with the children the value of completing this. The sheet is modeled after the test, and completing it is an excellent way to study. As you know, the added bonus is that the students receive a 5 point bonus on the test!


I am sure you are excited that US Regions projects are almost over. Many families breathe a sigh of relief when that last project is turned in. The US Expo is on May 27th. This is the students' opportunity to showcase their work in a formal way. I know you will be proud of your child's porfolio! I hope to see you on the 27th.


Thank you for all of your support this year. I know our working together will make the end of this year a great success!

Katie Merten


No comments:

Post a Comment