Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Welcome New Fourth Graders and Fourth Grade Families!

Class placement letters have been mailed and should be arriving in your mailbox soon!  If you've already received yours, you know that I (Mrs. Merten) will be your 4th grade teacher.  I am so excited to meet you!  (That's me in the black and white shirt, with author, Sara Pennypacker!)


I have posted a letter for you, and one for your family in the Important Documents gadget on the right.  Just click on those documents to learn more about 4th grade and our upcoming year.  If you have time,  scroll through our class blog to see what has been going on this summer, and to check out some of the fun that we had in room 24 last year.  Feel free to leave a comment on the blog, using the directions on the right.  Be sure to ask your parents before commenting.

The name of our blog is "Ladybugs on Learning". I hope you will find this page helpful for both parents and students.  If you are new to our blog, welcome!  If you are a returning guest, welcome back!  I'd like to share a few things with you, to guide you through using our blog.



  • Comments are welcome on our blog ~  from families as well as from our students.  You can find some instructions on how to best comment in the sidebar to the right.  Please follow the instructions and comment away!  
  • I have posted some links to important information to the right as well.  You will find summer letters to both parents and students, as well as the suggested supply list for incoming Fourth Graders.  You will also see our class handbook, which is currently being updated.
  • I try to post updates to our blog on Fridays, and very often include pictures or videos of our week.  I also try to include links(games, study guides, videos, etc.)  which could help students with homework or studying.  If you would like to follow our blog by email, there are two options.  You can enter your email in the "Follow by Email" gadget, or you can become a "Follower". Both of these options are in the section on the right.  
  • In addition to blogging, I have been working on "tweeting" information about our class.  This is a way to stay connected "in the moment" to our classroom.  You will find our tweets embedded in our blog on the right.  If you would like to follow our class on twitter, our handle is @mertenladybugs .
  • If you or other members of your family speak a different language, I've included a translator gadget to the right.  This will help  families from around the world to keep updated with your child's school activities.
  • I know some of you are anxious about starting a new class with a new teacher. If you don't know me, my name is Mrs. Merten!  I have a link at the top entitled "Meet Mrs. Merten".  If you visit that link, you will learn a little about me and my family.
  • Below are a few pictures of our classroom.  I hope you enjoy seeing where you will be learning this year! I am looking forward to meeting you!
Some advice from last year's fourth graders.


Our Coatroom






One of my favorite sayings!   A gift from a former class.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for fourth grade! I loved exploring the classroom and meeting Mrs. Merten. I am looking forward to the year ahead.
    Your student,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete