Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Coffeehouse Pictures

Thank you to everyone who came to our Coffeehouse today!  We had a wonderful day, and the children did an amazing job!!!  Thank you to Mr. Johnpeter for sending these awesome pictures for the blog.



































































Below is the poem I wrote for the children.  I was inspired by an article I read about lessons learned from literature.  

My Wish for You ~ A List Poem

 My wish for you is that just like Mr. Popper, you find your own adventure, and that when you find it, you go for it!

My wish for you is that, like Mark (and his mom) in Little Dog Lost, you learn that everyone has their own story, and that it is always important to listen to all sides of the story.

My wish for you is that, like Peter, Lovisa, Helga and Michael in Snow Treasure, you find ways to support and give back to your community.

My wish for you is that, like Ivan, you find lifelong friends that are worth protecting. 

My final wish for you is that you find many opportunities to use your words to be kind and to help others... because as Charlotte in Charlotte's Web taught us, it only takes ONE kind word to change someone's life.



No comments:

Post a Comment